Saturday 1 February 2014

Conversation with the artist published in "Poles in Italy"


Already been published interview with the artist published in "Poles in Italy" (Polacy we Włoszech) by Agnieszka B. Gorzkowska. Orginal conversation is Polish , Link to the orginal - CLICK HERE



  So here we publish the English version :

Dorota Zdunska - artist of Liguria
We cordially invite you for an interview with Dorothy Zduńska , a painter and sculptor of Liguria.
-Ms. Dorothy, what made you decide to...

live in Italy?
After one of my artistic exhibitions I received a nice letter from a horse enthusiast who lives with her husband in Tuscany. Our conversation ended up inviting me to Italy, in order to paint portraits of their horses. During the three-month stay painted many works . And by the way I explored the countryside of Tuscany, as the height of the back of a horse , which I had available here .
I was glad extraordinary moments lonely walks through the nature park , and between crops of corn and grape bushes . And sometimes galloped for wild rabbits, or in the cloud flock flying out for the flight and screaming pheasants . These beautiful and unique moments meant that henceforth often thought about this country .
Zdjęcie z mojej drugiej wystawy indywidualnej "Hebanowy Koń"

When I explored several times Liguria, always fascinated by its unique beauty. In Italy, for years my mom lives, which interested me the beauty and culture of this country. I had the opportunity to live thanks to Italy many years ago. I decided to come to Genoa, where he lived for half a year.
Upon arrival immediately started studying the Italian language in the local school.
Currently, I paint and sculpt under the guidance of professors from the School of Art in Genoa. Very good feedback on my work of art professors add me wings.

"Puli" żrebię fryzyjskie, akwarela 21x 29,7 cm

-Dorothy, your a great passion for horses, or just in the arts, or equally fascinates you riding? 
I paint horses since childhood and it is for me as natural as that of a tenner.
The horses "always" I'm extremely loving. But around my house there was no equestrian center. As a determined teenager, I decided on education in Technical Breeding Horses in Chojnów a distance of almost 500 km. There I learned that horses are not only infantile beauty. It is also difficult to harness the power.

Portret włoskiego konia skoczka Kiwi wykonany na zamówienie, akwarele A3

My education and practice in many stud farms and equestrian centers in the country and abroad , and then also work riding instructor at the beginning was ransomed many falls, kicks , sweat and tears. But do not give up . I , for example, after a stay in the hospital with broken ribs as a result of a dangerous fall from a horse, after only 2 weeks I jumped on the back of the horse. Passion and love won . I had to know and understand the nature of horses , learn to speak in their language. And with time job turned into pure pleasure . Horses even more fascinated me with its beauty , strength and energy, and with the right treatment - decks gentleness .

However, after the purchase, almost 10 years ago , his own mares glow , I became the happiest person in the world While this initially untamed mare gave me a pretty hard time ... But I became my best teacher and the greatest gift of fate.


-At the same time you develop your artistic skills ... 
In parallel with this passion for developing my painting. I grew up admiring the paintings albums Juliusz Kossak, Maximilian Gierymski, J.Suchdorski and photographers horses - Z. Raczkowska, M.Gadzalski, and later R.Vavra and G.Boiselle. 
I created based on internal feelings. I had the first solo exhibition at the age of 16 years. 
I studied the anatomy of horses at the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn. I anatomy, and "art" skills to capture the correct proportions, seem to me the most important for a realistic painting of horses.


I always try to also show me the fascinating beauty of the horses , inherent in their strength, and so close to me today, their nature and emotions. That's what I feel. Here you can see the beauty , harmony and magic.

-How would define you own style of art ?
I paint only what I feel sometimes a little experimenting , but definitely avoiding some kind of fashion in painting or duplication of style and discovering his own artistic path , perhaps calling.
I believe that the art is not just about search second bottom and subtext , but above all to build a specific audience's emotions . I think the closest one is realism , maybe even go in the direction close to hyperrealism . Systematically raise a bar and I still feel that I have to go on. I focus on a particular creature, often even " forgetting " about the whole world around you. I'm trying to reach out to people by showing them the beauty of the world through the wonderful world of horses , so that they feel the sheer beauty and harmony in their hearts.


Where can our readers see your works?
I showed my work on individual and group exhibitions in the country and abroad (Montecatini - Italy).
I belong to a group of artists Equine Artist Fin Art America. My paintings are in collections in Poland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Great Britain and the United States. A few days another job on the trip to Africa.
I made also about five hundred illustrations to guide instructional Riding Academy Vol. 1 Waclaw Pruchniewicz, authorized by the Polish Equestrian Federation. With this book learn horse husbandry technicians, students and prospective instructors.
More and more I am fascinated by the sculpture. I made relief from terracoty and working on new sculptures.

Currently part of my work can be seen in Horse Club Rapallo, where I spend time with the horses.
In the near future I plan to organize another solo exhibition to show my work to a wider audience.
Thank you very much for your time and we look forward to the next exhibition. "

Interview by Agnieszka B. Gorzkowska







-->